Axis usability.

Two things spring to mind, in feedhold, if you damage an insert, how do
you replace it? In Mach, I'd feedhold, jog away, replace the insert then
press cycle start and the machine would carry on, I have the choice of
from exactly the same position it stopped in, or anywhere else as a
"safe move".

Secondly, on my router I don't use tool tables, it's not practical as it
uses collets and there's no stop to make most tool positioning
repeatable. I also use CAM and it programs the corrected path for tool
diameter, so there's no real reason to.

My normal method is touch off tool 1 and zero all axis, run that tool,
when Mach pauses for next toolchange, I jog upwards, change the tool,
jog back down until tool touches and re-zero Z, then press cycle start
again and off it goes.

Is the above possible in EMC?

Steve Blackmore