Hi all,

Finally found a 'roundtoit'.

As a quick test of homing repeatability  I mounted a piece of  6061-
T6 in the vise, wrote a small program to
move from homing position to the workpiece and then drill a 1/2" hole
using a 0.500 carbide endmill.

Hole 1 was drilled repeatably  after a shut down and restart of emc
including homing.
As a check I drilled hole 2 only one time.

Hole 1   x = 0.531 y  = 0.506
Hole 2   x = 0.505 y  = 0.506

Using a dial indicator I checked the repeatability of Z home. It was
within a thou using a Enco 1" indicator.
If this gets serious I will use a better indicator however I don't
see a problem with Z.

So ... back to the X axis.

Fire up halscope.. monitor axis.0.home-state, axis.0.index-enable and
Xindex.

These may not be the correct variables to monitor but they looked
like a good start to me.

when axis.0.home-state goes to 16 both axis0.index-enable and Xindex
go to 1.

axis.0.home-state has a series of increasing values

0
4 then shortly 5
11 the shortly 12
and finally 16.

What else do I need to look at?

I did not do the obvious and try the same variables with halscope on
either Y or Z. Duh!
Only thought about it after I had shutdown everything.

Hope this is enough information to diagnose the problem or recommend
more troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave