On Oct 20, 2008, at 7:45 AM, John Kasunich wrote:

> Kenneth Lerman wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong; so here goes.
>>
>> The way index homing works is that after the homing switch
>> actuation is
>> detected, the next index pulse sets the home position. If, by bad
>> luck,
>> the edge of the index pulse is right at the switch edge, a little
>> jitter
>>   might cause it to be missed. Then the next index pulse will be
>> considered home.
>>
>> Let me guess. The distance between index pulses on your machine is
>> .531-.505 = .026. So I would say the distance is 25 thousandths.
>>
>> The solution to your problem is to move your home switch by around 12
>> thousandths.
>>
>> Ken
>>

> Actually I'm almost certain that the distance between index pulses is
> more like 0.2" on Dave's machine.
>
> He said that index-enable went high, but didn't say anything about it
> going low again.  That sounds like it isn't getting the index pulse.
>
> I can't dig deeper at the moment, but if Dave could post the halscope
> traces to imagebin or somewhere, it would help diagnose the issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> John Kasunich

Thanks John and Ken,

Just as a refresher the pitch of the Mazak ball screw is 10 mm.
The index phase, after switch is tripped is about 0.32", not perfect
but certainly far enough.

Indeed, I do not see the index-enable go low but that might be how my
trace is set up.
Will repeat the test and post to imagebin.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Dave