Hi guys,

I haven't played with servo motors yet but I have a little one out of a
plotter that I thought I would like to mess about with using something
like the Etch configs in EMC2. The encoder board is a bit odd (to me) in
that the connections at present are some form of analogue voltage output
( sine wave? ) but there are some connections on the board for A= A- B+
and B- so I assume I could use these. These four connections come
directly from the optical chip and seem to be the only connections to it
(other than the wiring to the LED which seems to be a completely
separate entity). So, as the Etch config wants only A and B inputs, do I
just connect to the A+ and B+ and tie the A- and B- to ground? The
README for Etch says it needs TTL level inputs and the circuit seems to
send +5v off towards the encoder - should there be some other connection
to the optical chip or is it sufficient to connect the A+ and B+ to +5v
through pull up resistors? Thanks.

--
Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than in
practice..."