On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:47:42PM +0200, Ahmed Elghamrawi wrote:

> 1. What is the best way to communicate with the computer, and EMC? the
> parallel port seems (from reading the HAL manual) to be easy enough?
> 2. What else do we need to know or start reading about to do it?
> 3. Does EMC have a method of generating pulses and recieving inputs, in a
> customized way? (as we are essentially building a driver and control
> circuit, how can we send/receive from it?)

You should read the documentation, the wiki, and the emc-users list
archives.

http://linuxcnc.org/docview/html/
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user

If after all this reading you have more specific questions, by all
means ask.  In general, the more specific the questions, the more
useful the answers you will get.

Chris