Roberto,

I have experienced this same issue with 8.04 installed from the live CD -
but it is occurring on EMC 2.2.6.  I haven't allowed the upgrade to 2.2.7 to
occur, but I did install all the critical & other apps.

I have found a work around - load EMC2 again!  I only get the rtai_hal.ko
file exists error the first time I try to run EMC after a reboot.  If I shut
it down and start it again, it loads.

Here are the error messages I see after a reboot:
http://pastebin.com/m12dbb0b6
Here is the dmesg list after a reboot:  http://pastebin.com/m23c28ffb
Here is the dmesg list after I load EMC, let it fail, close and re-open:
http://pastebin.com/m71e7e99b
(I'm still working on the unexpected real time delay on task 1)

I hope that is helpful.  I didn't report it before because I am very new to
EMC and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Oh, another random bit of information - this error also happens if I try to
load emc-trunk using run-in-place.

Alex