On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 10:06:28AM -0500, John Kasunich wrote:
> It is probably the cheapest hardware step generation option, but that
> shows.  The quality of the board is marginal, connections are to tiny
> headers, etc.

The price difference between knjn.com's pluto-p ($60) and mesanet.com's
7I43-P ($80 qty1) is pretty small.  The mesanet.com board is clearly
superior in terms of board design and build, probably is more robust in
communicating with the PC, and more versatile when it comes to the
combinations of signals it can generate (for instance, the pluto-p can't
generate step pulses for axis motors and read quadrature from a spindle
encoder at the same time; the mesanet.com cards all can).

Jeff