Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Stephen,
>    I don't want to imply that I think the Z level affected the motion
> - just passing along all the information given to me.
>    The motion is as if the g2 is g1.

Barring a completely flukey software bug, I doubt that is what
happened.  Was this a heavy cut?
I can easily imagine that taking a light cut first, it follows the
commanded path.  Then, at greeater depth, the cutting forces overload
the servos and you get some different path.  Are the following error
limis set tight on that machine?  If so, then the above theory is
wrong.  What radius was the G2 move?  Is there any possibility there is
some oddball character in that particular block of G-code that caused
EMC to mis-interpret the command?
I think that was reported recently, and it was a non-printing character
inserted by a word processor.

I can imagine a case where a large radius arc has some short G1 moves
after it.  If the arc move was ignored for some reason, the next G1 move
would appear to actually cut straight across the planned G2 start and
end points.

Jon