Hi, Will.

I'm the culprit who posted the Dell Dimension 2400 timing numbers. They
were obtained in a "drive-by" test of a friend's PC running the EMC2
LiveCD (I think it was the Ubuntu 8.04 version but I don't remember for
sure). Nothing was done to his BIOS settings and, of course, the SMI
"fixes" described in the Wiki weren't in place.

I ran the latency-test for a number of hours. The results looked good
enough that I've put in a claim on my friend's 2400 when he upgrades,
but, at this point, I can't honestly say there will or will not prove to
be SMI issues. If the system doesn't work out as an EMC2 controller,
then I'll press it into service as a back-end server.

Good luck. Wish I had a lathe to retrofit :-)

Regards,
Kent

PS - your question illustrates why we need to be as complete as possible
in describing the systems reported in the latency-test database.