<fr...@...> writes:

snip...

> The reason I’d like to change the soft CNC is that Mach 3 slows down the
> machine dramatically on complex fine cuts with a large number of short G1
> movements. Can I expect an improvement of the cutting speed by utilizing
> EMC?

Hi Flo,

I just finished cutting a part that included a pocket that I cut using the
G64 command. The cut was run at 56ipm, which I thought you might like to see.
Here is a link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Qfor4IWHY
If you click on "(more info)" under my name on the video page you can read my
comments. If you click on "watch in high quality" under the video you can see
a lot of screen detail showing the changing feedrates, spindle rpm, etc.

Here are a few still shots of the cutting operation and the part.

http://www.foxpointdesign.com/cnc_stuff/swarf2.jpg
http://www.foxpointdesign.com/cnc_stuff/swarf.jpg
http://www.foxpointdesign.com/cnc_stuff/pocketcut.jpg
http://www.foxpointdesign.com/cnc_stuff/Toptree-sm.jpg