Leslie Newell <les.new...@...> writes:

> I have to agree. There are so many times where this is useful or even
> vital for a particular job. I understand the difficulties involved in
> stopping halfway through a move but would it be possible to have an
> option to stop at the end of the current move (or the end of the
> lookahead queue) then allow jogging? All emc has to do then is record
> the current position. Once you have finished jogging emc can move back
> to the recorded position and carry on. The same would apply for a tool
> change.
>
> Les
>
> Steve Blackmore wrote:
> > The encoder support in EMC is very good, however the pause leaves a lot
> > to be desired compared to Mach.
> >
> > It's not possible to Jog during a feed hold or pause in a program to
> > zero a tool or clear swarf.

Les & Steve,

I also have to agree with both of you. A lot of what you are willing to tolerate
has to do with what you were used to - and in my case anything is a huge
improvement over my old Bandit III ;-)

In emc2/Axis when I pause the machine, the spindle continues to turn and coolant
stays on. I have spindle/coolant override switches which I then use to turn them
off, and this will let me get in there to correct a swarf or coolant issue. In
order to jog the machine, I have to hit the Stop button and then use manual mode
to do what I have to do. At that point, I highlight the line in the nc file
where I left off and hit "set next line", but there is no way to turn the
coolant/spindle back on unless you manually edit the nc file to include an
M3S**** M8 statement prior to the line where you want to resume, and reload the
nc file. which I have done. This can be tedious. It would be nice to have a
spindle/coolant on/off switch in auto mode, just like in manual mode. Maybe a
pyVCP widget would be all you need for this???