> In emc2/Axis when I pause the machine, the spindle continues to turn and
> coolant
> stays on. I have spindle/coolant override switches which I then use to
> turn them
> off, and this will let me get in there to correct a swarf or coolant
> issue. In
> order to jog the machine, I have to hit the Stop button and then use
> manual mode
> to do what I have to do.

You can define this behaviour in the ini file.
You can have the old emc behaviour that always stops the spindle/coolant
when switching modes (auto/mdi/manual).
If you do, then on each mode change, spindle will get stopped ...

>  At that point, I highlight the line in the nc file
> where I left off and hit "set next line", but there is no way to turn the
> coolant/spindle back on unless you manually edit the nc file to include an
> M3S**** M8 statement prior to the line where you want to resume, and
> reload the
> nc file. which I have done.

How about pushing spindle on / coolant on on the AXIS interface, or
programming M3Sxxx and M8 from the MDI interface?

> This can be tedious. It would be nice to have a
> spindle/coolant on/off switch in auto mode, just like in manual mode.
> Maybe a
> pyVCP widget would be all you need for this???

A pyVCP would basicly do the same thing, and would be harder to set up.

Regards,
Alex