Booth 15 at NAMES will be ours for
demonstrating/promoting/distributing EMC.  This is in the back, with
Jon Elson and Steve Stallings in nearby booths to the sides.

For better or worse, the person I spoke to at NAMES felt vender
status was appropriate (due to distribution of software, even if
given out free); it sounds like something to work on changing for
next year (Ron Ginger's connections would be valuable).  For this
year, consider it my donation to "one of the coolest examples of open
source out there" (as a recent post put it).

Please let me know if you would like to take a shift or two in the
booth; create a handout, banner, or sign; demo a system with EMC; or
have other thoughts about how to promote EMC.

Of course, many other exhibitors and venders will be running EMC
systems elsewhere.  This is a chance to place the emphasis on EMC
itself.

Right now there will be at least an Emco F1 mill, and hopefully at
least one other PC running Axis for off-line demos.  Steve Stallings
will loan one or two PMDX-112 boards for illustrating configuration.
There will be room for more machines, and more knowledgeable people
(in both senses).

It seems like distributing actual Live CDs would be a Good Thing--any
idea how many we could give away?  Would burn-on-demand meet the
demand?  Would any purpose be served making fancy CDs with printing?
Seems like folks would be fine with a CD with no printing (just
envelope printed or stamped).

NAMES is April 18-19, Toledo, OH.

--Dale