Lars Andersson wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>In stepconf there is a preconfigured setup for L297 with parport hardware.
>I think it should "out-invert" all step pins, otherwise it will not work
>with "parport-reset" quick pulsing.
>L297 needs step to be high when dir changes.

Glad I could help.

Those timings are only a starting point anyway, since actual performance
is also dependent on the interface hardware you have.  If you have an
inverting optoisolator, you will (or won't) have to invert the pin.
Same thing for inverting/noninverting buffers.  Optos are also likely to
change the timing, since they don't always have symmetric
turn-on/turn-off times.

- Steve