Leslie, all good points.

The issue with number 2 is that it partially works. The title bar
changes the name of the script but nothing else refreshes. This seems to
me to be more of a bug since Axis knows the script changed and, in fact,
knows the name of the new script.

I won't need Axis once the machine is fully boxed up and stuck in a
coffee table and runs headless. For debugging and moving things around
Axis has been fantastic.

In terms of connection problems I'm hoping this doesn't become a problem
when the machine goes headless.

Too many things to do is a blessing (until I need help getting the
program working!)

Also, I've been writing quite a bit of python code to do all sorts of
fun things -
        Control the table using a web interface
        Command line arguments for truetype-tracer (with special sorting
for non-z-axis machines)
        Chain class that works with chains of points (polylines) that
converts to g-code
        Pattern classes - spiral, sun, maze, text, lissajous,
spirograph, fractals all optimized for non-z-axis machines

Thanks - Mike