>Dave Caroline wrote:
>I would advise against full power down of steppers because you cannot
>then guarantee where you start from unless you re home, on release of
>power they will move to a comfortable magnetic position, they are not
>going to move back to the exact same position on reapplication of
>power, micro stepping will be worse

I couldn't agree more with you, Dave. This is the situation I am in right now. I
have to re-home everytime I open the enclosure or push the e-stop. This is why I
wanted to automate the homing sequence upon starting a program.

What do you propose to overcome what you describe?

Sincerely,

Patrice
Portland, OR