Hi folks,

I'm doing plasma cutting with files made via SheetCam, and have been
making stuff with EMC intermittently for a few months. This is the
first time I've run into a problem that I couldn't solve by asking
Google.

I've noticed what seems to me strange behavior when using G64 with any
tolerance setting (Px.xxx) at all. Both G64 with no P number and G61
work fine, but if I set a number, some small holes are ignored by EMC.
Sometimes the difference seems to be the Y position of the parts, then
it appears randomly. It's noticeable to me because this particular job
is a bunch of arrayed parts. For one batch, every piece at the lowest
Y position was missing a hole, but not the others. Then I changed the
leadin angle, and the problem shows up randomly. In each case where it
misses, the leadin is cut, but not its hole. The holes are so small, I
didn't realize what was happening at first, but it shows up on the
Axis display as being ignored after cutting if I zoom in enough.
Setting the G64 tolerance crazy small doesn't cause the ignored holes
to be cut, but setting it high will make the rectangle that it's cut
out of turn into an odd shape, so I know something is working right.

I've switched back and forth between 2.2.8 and the 2.3 beta a couple
of times, and the issue only occurs in the beta.

I realize that the answer may well be RTFM, but I'm not sure where to
start reading.

A copy of the g-code is at   <http://www.metalgeek.com/sandbox/tab_27a.ngc

Thanks

Hal Eckhart - Casa Forge - Minneapolis MN - <http://www.casaforge.com>