Jeff Epler wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:29:51PM -0500, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>> I can't answer this, but I think we need a lot more info on what the
>> G-code for these holes looks like.

Please ignore my dumb response in that message, I *READ* it was for a
plasma cutter and then promptly forgot and started thinking like milling.

> the problem comes down to this: Two different calculations are made to
> get the start and end angles of the circle.  Mathematically, the angles
> should each be precisely equal, and then the code in question determines
> that exactly equal endpoints means the code intends a full circle.  In
> the computer's arithmetic, they end up being slightly different (e.g.,
> a+b+c is not always equal to a+c+b in floating point*) and makes the
> angle calculation come up as 10^-17 radians instead of 0 radians.  This
> makes emc treat the move as a very very tiny arc instead of a full
> circle.

Is it proven that this is the cause?  I'd think that a test case could
be set up with very slightly different start and end points, to see if
that is the cause.  Another possible cause could be some value left in a
variable after the last move, but I haven't read the code.  Maybe
couldn't even understand it.

Jon