Hi Steve,

I'm not seeing that. At low speed, say 100rpm, the displayed spindle
speed is rock steady, within 0.1rpm. Mind you I am using a low pass
filter on the spindle speed display. Perhaps I should try it without the
LPF.

At lower speeds the distortion of the thread is less as well. I don't
know how stable the speed of my lathe is at higher speeds. I assume it
is pretty stable as it is a pretty large machine but I haven't actually
measured it.

> In practice and my threads are as good as
> I've ever seen my lathe produce.

Same here. Mind you that isn't saying much.  I never got a usable thread
out of Mach.

Les