On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 11:39 -0600, a...@conceptmachinery.com wrote:
> i understand that,
> but my question is when I will get 10 000 files will they all be there
> with ~ mark??
> Files that I used 5 -10 years ago still will be there????
> Am i right?
> Is this classified as a LINUX problem?
> LINUX editor problem?
> Can someone fix LINUX problem to it become more useful?
> I can see why 99% of computers LINUX free.
> thanks
> aram

I believe that gedit or whatever editor you are using makes a
~my_file_name from your my_file_name, whenever you open a file with the
editor. These are two separate files. This is so you have a version of
the original file that you can revert back to if needed. Not all Linux
applications do this so, it is difficult to know which of your files
will also have these extra files. They don't hurt anything, so I
wouldn't worry about deleting them. They may come in handy some time
when your regular files get corrupted.

EMC2 needs a plain text .ngc file with the proper g-code commands. Plain
text files can be difficult to get unless you use an editor that only
uses plain text, meaning _without_ any text formatting features, or you
must use the export as plain text file feature, if your application
supports this feature. Also many so called .txt files are not plain
text. That's why it is important to use something like od (Octal Dump)
from a terminal to make sure.(Applications/Accessories/Terminal from
your Desktop, at the terminal prompt, type -> man od, to get more
information, the q key gets you out of man)

Windows has a very good, reasonably priced CNC application:
http://www.machsupport.com/

or Flashcut:
http://www.flashcutcnc.com/index.php

if that is what you are more comfortable with.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html