> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:19:47 -0500
> From: ch...@timeguy.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Feed word
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:12:05AM -0500, Chris Radek wrote:
> >
> > In EMC2, K specifies the motion distance per rev in any direction.  So
> > if you're turning a tapered thread you just specify the feed per rev
> > along the hypotenuse.  If it is a 5 degree taper and you want 10
> > threads per inch, K would be 10/cos 5.
>
> Oops, 0.1/cos 5

Do you mean you are measuring the pitch parallel to the taper?
Thread pitch is measured parallel to z axis, tapered or not.
I have to agree with Steve the standard way to specify the
pitch is with F. A thread is just a course feed that is always started
from the same reference position.

Chris M

New: Messenger sign-in on the MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677403