On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 03:50 -0500, RogerN wrote:

> I don't know if this has been checked, but when direction reverses, is their
> a minimum time for the direction bit before the step bit?  Thought perhaps
> EMC is telling it to go UP, but Rutex hasn't changed direction from DOWN
> yet.
>
> Good luck!
>
> RogerN

I found the exact same thing with my prototype Sherline setup.  Those
neat little laser cut handwheels that Sherline puts right on the motors
would show you the microstep in the wrong direction.   Matt Shaver added
in the step and direction delays and that fixed it for Sherline's
driver.  After that I ran the same setup with an early Xylotex board and
had to change the delays to fix it as well.

One step in the wrong direction after each direction change should
cancel out though and not show an accumulated error in one direction.

Rayh