Hi everyone,

If I make a full turn from 0 to 360 degrees say on the C axis, I want
then to reset the coordinate system back to angle zero degrees in order
to save an "unwinding" movement that occurs if I make a rapid move back
to zero.  For a couple of rotations I could use g54 etc but there is
obviously a limit to this method. Perhaps I could use g92 but can it be
cumulatively used over and over again?

I envisage cutting paths which require several depth and width passes
and this is multiplicative so 3 width passes and 4 depth passes gives 12
rotations to be unwound when the path is complete in order to go onto
the next path and that is with the pattern cut in a single rotation. I
can generate patterns that take up to 20 rotations to complete.

So I am wondering which is the best way of resetting back to the
original zero position and can I avoid multiple unwindings? On should I
think in terms of many smaller programs run sequentially?

My apologies If this is an obvious beginners question I admit it I am,
band I could not see anything obvious in the emc documentation.

Thanks
Alan