Haberler Michael wrote:

> 360 RPM - fine
> 320 RPM - still ok, some wobble
> 270 RPM - heavy oscillation one some passes

Good hypothesis and data taking!  So, it seems the problem is the
encoder counter sees
a zero velocity between actual encoder counts, and tells the slaved axis
to stop NOW!  Then a
count comes in, and it says MOVE NOW!  Yes, I can see this is a definite
problem.  Can whoever
wrote this code think about the implications of this, and the likely
situation where less than one
count/servo cycle could be normal at some spindle speeds?

I used a wierdo encoder with 1728 cycles/rev and never realized it could
gloss over a potential
problem.  I'll bet if I took raw encoder counts and ran it through an
integer divide I'd get the same
result.

Jon