2009/10/22 Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at>:

> yes - I ran into the problem when switching to hm2 which doesnt
> currently provide position-interpolated

Which is an interesting point. It seems that a hardware quadrature
counter is likely to be counterproductive if you have a low-count
encoder.

With a software encoder you need to hit the balance between having
enough pulses per servo thread to always get a position update, but
not have more than one encoder edge per base-thread. Quite a balancing
act with a typical 20:1 base to servo thread ratio, and not one that
can work at any but a small range of speeds.

Is there any reason not to use position-interpolated by default?

--
atp