2009/11/3 Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com>:

> If you try a git master build and find that it works for you, that
> would be helpful and would be another push for us to put it in the
> next 2.3 release.

Machines++

I just tried the 4mm pitch M39 thread that I rather suspect kicked off
this whole thing, and it went very well.
The tool broke before I finished, but that was no fault of EMC2.

It does pose one question, though. With a leadscrew you can "pick up"
an existing thread by engaging the nut, stopping the spindle and and
using the compound slide to align the tool with the thread.

Is there an equivalent with EMC2? I am thinking you could perhaps stop
the spindle, break the program, note the Current Z, jog to align the
tool with the thread and then touch-off to the Z noted earlier?
Of course with an indexed tool there would be no need, but I am not
convinced I can sharpen a HSS tool that accurately. (Though I guess if
the thread cut so far has some meat left on it, starting from the very
beginning will cut air until it sorts itself out)

--
atp