I watched milling of aluminium toothed pulleys at a company once. They had
put a whole lot of 2" discs on a shaft, maybe 10" long, tightened up, and
had the whole thing in a dividing head, then just milling grooves with an
end mill. If there are buyers for the pulleys, you could do the same. The
effort is almost the same, and you get to recoup your time costs.

While discussing pulley shapes, I thought this is quite interesting. See
picture (not the best though). One might expect the belt to jam, but it
obviously does not. Notice the flanges are on alternate sides. This allows a
pulley, with walls, to be moulded in a simple two part mould. Completely
irrelevant here, of course.

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/9bf/9bf00269f5f6d51b810f9d2b2cc1d602.jpg

Roland