On Thursday 10 December 2009, Andy Pugh wrote:
>2009/12/10 Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com>:
>> Given the Tommy bar clamps on the one you showed in the link, a pair of
>> small double acting air cylinders and an electric solenoid would be
>> ideal.
>
>Neater still would be an air bearing arrangement.
>Tighten the table down hard with belville washers.
>When you want to rotate it, apply compressed air to the holes drilled
>in the mating face that I forgot to mention earlier so it rotates on a
>minimal thickness air-bearing. To clamp, turn off the air.

Now there is original thinking, and IF I can find the right sized washer,
certainly doable with my toy table.  Drill an 1/8" air hole in the side, and
intersect that with another hole that feeds a groove milled in the casting
under the table. The right sized washer will be about 3/16 wide, and
something over 1" ID.  I'm madly digging thru the junk hardware here. :)

Just one Q though, wouldn't this also need an oil injector to keep it from
rusting since the air is going to have water in it?

--
Cheers, Gene

There are two ways of disliking art.   One is to dislike it.  The other is
to like it rationally.
                -- Oscar Wilde