On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:41:25 +0000, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:16:05 -0500, you wrote:

>OK, I'm curious as to how you did that.  Your tip was apparently engaged
>when you hit the pause as you probably heard the tip break?  So you
>retracted away from the surface, jogged the tool out of the hole so you
>could get to it,
>changed the tip and then what?   Did you jog the tool back into the hole
>in the center above the cutting point and then hit resume?   I thought
>Mach3 did a linear move back to the last programmed position after a pause.
>So I would think that you would have to be in the hole to restart the
>program?

Not quite - press Feed hold, stop spindle then jog -X to clear tool,
then +Z to get out of bore, replace tip. Start spindle, press cycle
start. Tool did a combined XZ move at current feed rate to where it
stopped then continued from there.

You just have to be sensible where you position the tool before pressing
cycle start again.

Steve Blackmore
--

Steve Blackmore