--- On Fri, 4/2/10, j...@coats.org <j...@coats.org> wrote:

> From: j...@coats.org <j...@coats.org>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] independent motion of axes
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Friday, April 2, 2010, 2:56 PM
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:50 AM,
> Klemen Dovrtel
> <klemen_dovr...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > Is there a way to move axes independently using G
> code? For instance i want to move G0 X200 Y300 and at the
> same time G1 U30 F100 and G1 V20 F50.
> >
> > This probably won't work:
> > N100 G0 X200 Y300   G1 U30 F100   G1 V20 F50
> >
> > Regards
> > Klemen
> >

> ... Just trying to get my head around why do you want to do
> totally
> independent movement of axes?
>
> If it is an intellectual exercise, that I can go
> with.  I just don't
> see the practical need.
>
> thanks for helping me understand, ... Jack

My idea is to control a pick and place machine...
I would like to change the tool while moving the machine (the tool changer
would be mounted on head of machine) I would also like to install a fly camera
like this ( http://www.youtube.com/user/madelltv#p/u/1/OU-EJStWjkM ), which
would check the position of picked IC while moving.

Using two computers each running emc seems a good solution. How can i connect
two computers together? Can emc somehow send command to other machine?

AND i would also like to somehow edit the G code in the middle of program
execution based on camera view. I would use openCV to generate G code to
edit/correct the end position or maybe communicate with HAL directly if
possible.

Regards,
Klemen