Viesturs,

I was able to do it through Sheetcam (http://www.sheetcam.com/) and slightly
customizing the post for some special conditions required for use with an
ultrasonic knife. I expect Leslie Newell will chime in on this, as it does
require a special post which I do not believe is included in the standard
distribution of sheetcam.

Regards,
Eric

Hello!

I found this in older archives (please, see below).
I was wondering, if this has been implemented and there is some sample
preprocessor that i could find?
I find this very crucial as this option could save me several thousand
usd for specific waterjet cam software as this function would allow
very simply implement waterjet taper compensation and i believe that
it would be crucial to anyone else, who would like to retrofit their
older waterjet cutting equipment  and upgrade to 5 axis machine.
The way to use this tool:
1) with XYZBC setup of waterjet machine, i set proper B angle to tilt
the cutting nozzle perpendicularly to cutting edge to compensate for
the taper and
2) with this tool i would have C axis turn as needed to keep the
tilting angle correct in respect to moving direction as the tilt
direction has to be perpendicular to the moving direction at all
times.

So has there been any progress on this matter during last year?

Thank You in advance!

with best regards,
Viesturs

Date: 2009-01-28 17:15:59 GMT
Mario. wrote:
> So I understand it correctly that a wheel-cutter mode is now in
> ideological development, right?
> That's some great news!

After some discussion, it seems the consensus is that there is rather
little development to be done.
The C axis (for cutter angle) will just be another axis on the machine,
so EMC, itself, needs no change.
What does need to be done is create a filter program that takes in
G-code with XY commands, figures out the cutter angle and adds in a C
command word.  For any G01 moves, the calculation is trivial.  For
instance :

Input file, currently at X0 Y0 :
G01 X1 Y1

Output file:
G01 C45
X1 Y1

So, it sets the cutter angle first, then performs the linear move.

For arc moves (G02, G03) it has to preset the cutter angle for the start
of the move, then program the cutter angle to follow the changing angle
of the cut move.

Input file, currently X0 Y0 :
G03 Y1 R0.5

Output file :
G01 C0
G03 Y1 R0.5 C180

This is assuming C=0 is with the knife pointing toward +X, Positive C is
counterclockwise, and that I got the arc direction right.

Jon

SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword