2010/4/20 Leslie Newell <les.new...@fastmail.co.uk>:
> Yes, SheetCam can do tangential control.

Ok, that is great, but that software still costs money (at least 110
GBP, which is something like probably 140 EUR or 180 USD, which is
almost 20 times less than other CAM software for waterjet that i have
found). I would like to do it without any additional cost and in EMC
so that i can use my current CAM application, so that is why i was
asking, if someone has managed to implement preprocessor for EMC that
does tangential control.

> The tricky bit will be the
> mechanical design. You need to make sure the point where the jet
> contacts the work does not move at all as you rotate it.

No, that point will move, if the head rotates around C and the head is
tilted around B axis.
I believe that some additional work with kinematics module will solve
this issue and EMC will calculate all the necessary compensating moves

> Can you get a
> joint that will withstand the pressure and allow rotation?

My apologies, i do not completely understand, what did You mean by
this question :)

Viesturs