On 21 July 2010 21:40, Ian W. Wright <watchma...@talktalk.net> wrote:

>  Turn a groove around the centre
> of the periphery, fill it with a long sausage of this stuff and screw it
> together before it sets.

Another interesting idea.

Currently I have gone for a saw cut to a depth of 25mm parallel to the
flat faces, and nearer one edge than the other, and a setscrew to push
the sides apart and so increase the thread pitch.

I suspect this might not be the final solution, so I will keep the
other ideas in mind. However, I was keen to get the parts to the
anodisers tomorrow morning so I can hopefully have the parts for the
weekend.

--
atp