Don Stanley wrote:
> Hi Stuart:
> Yes, especially if wound on a laminated core like a 3 phase transformer.

Actually, because of the high PWM frequency of the VFD, standard
laminated steel transformer cores are not ideal.  Ferrite cores will do
much better.  I have a high-speed spindle motor that has too low
inductance, so I used some Renco 1.6 mH "bobbin" style ferrite
inductors.  This wasn't strictly a noise issue, it was to keep the PWM
pulses from saturating the motor's iron core.  But, ferrite core
inductors should work fine for the noise issue, too.  Probably 100 uH
with a current rating to match the motor would do well.  3 separate
cores would be better than one common one.

Jon