Let me first state that I love EMC2, it is awesome etc.

I have recently discovered that EMC2 G code is a full fledged
programming language with subroutines, conditionals, named everything,
etc.

Since then, I have been happy as a clam and writing G code functions
for pocketing, facing, etc. So do not interpret the foregoing as some
kind of a negative.

I do feel, however, that EMC could be slightly enhanced to take an
optional argument such as PROGRAM_INCLUDE_PATH, that would list a
number of directories, separated by ':', that would be searched with
subs are called or files are otherwise needed. Without that,
program_prefix is a hodgepodge of all sorts of stuff instead of
keeping things properly organized.

Also the path to open scripts could be different from the path to keep
functions.

Alternatively, specifying directory path when invoking subs, could also work.

Also if this is already provided, I would love to know.

Thanks guys!