On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:05:03 -0500, you wrote:

>It's true it doesn't specifically say that zero is disallowed, but
>considering the picture there, it seems like with I=0 the tool would
>drag along the thread on the return passes.  What am I missing?
>Would it be enough to say above in the "It is an error if:" section
>"I is zero"?

A "drive line" , as it seems to be called in past posts, should be able
to have any value you want. It's a valid engineering technique to cut
with a zero increment.

Use G33.

Personally, I never use the G76, it's quirky and does not support
tapered threads.

To put that in context, neither does G33, properly!  I turn hundreds of
parts per week. 30% have taper threads, they need to be in
specification, to achieve that I need to fudge the pitch with EMC.

G33 measures and defines the taper along the hypotenuse (the flank of
the tread) ?!

Tapered thread are not measured, defined or programmed like that. The
pitch of a thread is how far it turns per rev i.e. along the Z axis.

G76 and G33 should support that. If G33 can't or won't, lets have a G32
that does please.

Steve Blackmore