Eric,

Thanks for looking into it.  I think i've figured it out.

SET_WAIT ON + SET JOG == crashing your machine.

It seems that when EMC is set to SET_WAIT on it stops listening for any other
commands until the given command completes.  Since a jog doesn't complete, it
just goes until it crashes or you stop it manually.

This explains the problem I was having the other day, and may be useful to
others in the future.  If your telnet interface is going to have a jog mode,
make sure you send SET SET_WAIT NONE before jogging.

Owen

--- On Thu, 9/2/10, emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net