On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 11:18:23PM -0500, Chris Radek wrote:

> maybe using
> G59.3 automatically under the covers is good enough.  Either way, we'd
> have to make a new subcommand of G10 L10 Pn (not sure what format?
> L11?) that does the deed.

I added this functionality as G10 L11. This sets the tool according to
the G59.3 system.  If you mount a 123 block to your table and set the
top of it so G59.3 is Z0 when your reference tool/gage line touches
it, you can always set a tool against it without worrying what system
you're currently in.

> Then (the hard part I think) is letting the
> user select which method in the gui (touch off tool relative to current
> work offset, or touch off tool relative to the specific special/G59.3
> system).

Still true.  Currently both AXIS and Touchy generate the G10 L10
code to set a tool.  They need an option or something.  Any thoughts
on how to make this difference clear to the user?

Chris