On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 01:29:13PM +0100, S Goldsmith wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have reposted the below as I did not receive an email when I first
> posted this message to the EMC mailing list on the 2/10/10.
>
> Cheers,
> SRG

Hi S,

The pluto-step author says it worked for him to run a 3 axis stepper
machine, but it's been some time ago.  I have used pluto-servo but not
step.  The pluto is very touchy and seems prone to communications
problems with the parallel port.  Have you tried different cables, or
plugging the pluto directly into the computer?

I suspect you might be seeing corruption of the EPP communication, and
not a driver bug.

When we had a pluto at CNC workshop in '07 (?) we tried it on a half
dozen computers there.  I think it worked correctly on two.  They
really don't work very well.

Chris