2010/10/22 Igor Chudov <ichu...@gmail.com>

> I apologize in advance that this is somewhat off topic.
>
> I am beginning to feel a need to have a PC/server, to run Linux, that
> would be extremely reliable and long lasting.

Our labs at work consists of nothing but hardware made for difficult
environments, and very few of them are fanless nor solid states. If you're
looking for something that survives, you should look for a Wincor Beetle,
slow like a turtle but runs 24/7 for 8 years with no problem. On the other
hand you're able to build at least two fast machines yourself for the cost
of one Beetle. Extremely reliable power source and a stable motherboard are
the keys if you want uptime, and then I'm not talking about a year or two, I
mean 8-10 years constantly powered.

/S