Just a thought, but Jetway sells a 12 volt DC supply Mini Itx
motherboard that has an onboard PS.

If you fed that with a small linear power supply (which are low voltage,
low tech, and extremely reliable) perhaps you can avoid the crappy PC
power supply situation
that way?

Industrial linear power supplies oftentimes go for 20+ years..

You might want to research the reliability of that Jetway board and if
it is very good, that might be a good solution for utmost cheap
reliability ??

Dave