SSD's have a very finite life.  I can't go into details on what makes/models
have longer lives, or ways that different companies extend SSD life, but any
enterprise application using SSD's for performance reasons almost considers
the SSD a consumable of the system.  Even consumer products manufacturers
are specifying lifetimes for SSD's that would surprise most people...
(short!)...

In most EMC type applications, they would probably last a very long time
(especially if swap, syslog, etc were minimized).  Many SSD's have all kinds
of magic to refresh the data every so often, and need to be powered on to do
this.