So just now I said:
> I just booted an ASUS AT5NM10-I board, equipped with a 2GB Crucial
> memory module, into EMC2 LiveCD mode from a USB memory stick. Prior to
> booting I had disabled HyperThreading and set the parallel port to EPP
> mode using the onboard BIOS-setup utility.
>
> Once Ubuntu boots, look for "parport" lines in the output from the
> command line program dmesg. In my case, dmesg reports:
>
>     partport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
>
> confirming the port functionality I chosen in the BIOS setup.

Well, to be precise, it only confirms that the setting reported in the
ACPI table is consistent with the functionality I chose (which was the
crux of the problem with the Intel D510MO board). I'm not in a position
at the moment to confirm that the port *actually* functions in EPP mode,
but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't, since even the D510MO does,
from what others have reported here.

You'd think I'd learned from my D510MO experience not to overstate cases :-(

Regards,
Kent