On 11/5/2010 5:34 PM, Igor Chudov wrote:
> Yes, open a ssh connection to the machine, and constantly save dmesg
> or some such.
>
> Why do you need the latest kernel, do you have some hardware that is
> not supported by 10.04?

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Ulf Dambacher
> <i...@dambacher-retrofit.de>  wrote:
>> Am 05.11.2010 22:08, schrieb Igor Chudov:
>>> Sounds like a kernel bug. This is why I stick with Ubuntu LTS.
>> I will use my old harddisk tomorrow (ubuntu+emc distribution)
>>
>>> Do you see anything in /var/log/messages after this happens?
>> Oops, I have not looked there...
>> Maybe I'll do a network connection to watch afterwards.
>>
>> Thanks for your Input, Igor.
Oops. Good catch, Igor. I skipped right past the kernel identification.

Ulf, I have to assume you used rtai-3.8 since rtai-3.7.1 does not
include patches for linux kernel 2.6.32. Even if the combination built
successfully, it is possible that some aspect of emc2 breaks in the new
environment. I'll leave it to the emc2 gurus to noodle that one out.

Does your system work ok as long as you don't start a real-time task?
That would be a clue for us.

Regards,
Kent