Am 05.11.2010 23:08, schrieb Kent A. Reed:
> Oops. Good catch, Igor. I skipped right past the kernel identification.
> Ulf, I have to assume you used rtai-3.8 since rtai-3.7.1 does not
> include patches for linux kernel 2.6.32. Even if the combination built
> successfully, it is possible that some aspect of emc2 brebefore trying aks in
> the new
> environment. I'll leave it to the emc2 gurus to noodle that one out.

My own environment was kernel 2.6.32.19 rtai 3.8.1 and emc 2.4.3.
I can run realtime tasks, start emc and move the machine (sometimes). It
survived my burn intests and the gentoo compiles.
And I had no luck, there were no messages in the syslog files.

The new ubuntu 10 emc envireonment works with kernel 2.6.32 and rtai
3.8.1, too

Anyway, I tried some things and with the ubuntu version the system
seems more stable than with my handmade one.

I configured rsyslog to forward any messages to my other pc directly.

I was not able to precicely trigger the error until now. I will do
stress tests now...

bye
Ulf