Roland Jollivet wrote:
> I was wondering, can a fault ever occur with EMC where the frequency of the
> charge pump frequency increases?? This would keep the charge pump detector
> 'up', but a uP would detect an error condition.

It seems unlikely.

The most likely effect of a software problem will be a crash.  This
would most likely cause pulses to stop, not to speed up.

There is now a watchdog HAL component, which can monitor heartbeats from
other modules (not that any other modules currently output such a
heartbeat), and which will disable its output if any heartbeat stops.
This would cause situations where some userspace modules die, but the
realtime kernel keeps running, to still cause a fault.  (As it is, if RT
is running, the heartbeat will be output, regardless of whether e.g. the
GUI has crashed)

- Steve