Lest I give the wrong impression, I do agree that the current state of the
project is very impressive and the people who have built it up have done a
wonderful job on many fronts. Stepconf has evolved into a very solid tool
and the user community is ENORMOUSLY helpful and generous. That more than
anything has made me want to contribute something of value back.

I don't think of other products as competition so much as places to pick up
good ideas from. To me, the bigger the EMC user community, the more
interesting things will grow out of it.