Whoever sent me that link to Solid Edge, that DL installed under wine, but
does not work.  Even if I give it the license file that went with it.

So I then installed sketchup 8, but in trying to figure out a way to draw a
rectangle, a side view of a stick for this cabinet, with the measurements
visible, you can't do that.  The screen then went grey and 2 minutes later
I killed it.  But now it won't restart, can't get a lock on the GL stuff.

I cannot find any of it running with htop, and haven't the foggiest where
wine might keep its lock files, does this mean I have to reboot to clear
the lock every time sketchup farts?  Thats used bovine food.  Killing
/var/lock/subsys/wine doesn't help.

There was a new batch of updates this morning, so I'll do those and reboot.
Then I'll look at QCad again.

Wish me _good_ luck. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene