On Friday, March 04, 2011 10:20:21 pm andy pugh did opine:

> On 4 March 2011 15:47, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Whoever sent me that link to Solid Edge, that DL installed under wine,
>
> If you are happy to install under wine, then it might be worth trying
> the Alibre cad demo.
>
> I actually paid the $100 and run it under Windows on my Mac either
> through Bootcamp or VMWare.
>
> The process there is to create the 3D model / assembly, then create 2D
> dimensioned drawings from the model, then print the drawings.

Then sketchup 8 took a dump and I had to reboot as it took the GL graphics
with it.

So I am back to QCad, which will do fine when I get the command line
figured out.  The online docs however, are not worthy of being called help
files.

And I apparently do not have the mail system in sync yet since the reboot,
its fetching alright, but not telling kmail its there.

--
Cheers, Gene
<http://tinyurl.com/ddg5bz>