Hello Andy,
it's just the same here, if you separate the usual three phase supply
into three separate 230 V-systems, each defined to ground. I was talking
about a, say, small household, where only one of these phases is
available. Other households in the same building may have others of the
three phases. We used to call them R, S and T. Lacking the other
pĀ“hases, you can make a third phase for your household by means of a
phase shifting capacitor and make a mock three phase system with reduced
power beause of the unsymmetry. Don't care about the neutral line being
"grounded".

Peter Blodow